Re: [WorldTransport Forum] Nomination for the WTN 2004 Environment Prize - Ken Livingston and the London road pricing crew

  • c.nwagboso@wlv.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 20, 2004
      Hi Eric

      Yes I will support Ken Livingstone for his nomination

      Profesor Chris Nwagboso
      Director
      Midlands Institute of Transport
      University of Wolverhampton
      Shifnal Road
      TELFORD
      UK

    • Neil Douglas
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22, 2004
        All,

        Hear hear to Red Ken and his TfL crew who certainly did well in introducing
        a road charge but a World Technology Award for the Environment? It may be a
        "simple system" but is not the lack of "technology" making it a tad
        expensive to administer?

        Still with no other "celeb" in the running, Red Ken can have my "vote".

        Neil Douglas .

        PS I hope the prize is not a Toyota or such like with all the mod cons (I
        think Ken has recently passed his driving test).

        Prize - Ken Livingston and the London road pricing crew

        Dear Eric
        Good Idea. I support it

        Jan Gehl
        Professor, Dr.Litt
        Center for Public Space Research
        School of Architecture
        The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
        Copenhagen

        (Member of the Public Realm Advisory Board organized by Greater London
        Authority to transfer the roadspace left empty due to the Congestion
        Charge into improving quality for other groups of City Users in Central
        London i.e. pedestrians and bicyclists)

        Den 17/3-2004, kl. 6.06, skrev <eric.britton@...>:

> [...]
        > those innovators who have done work recently which has the greatest
        > likely future significance and impact over the long-term... and who
        > will
        > likely become or remain "key players" in the technological drama
        > unfolding in coming years. These awards are not necessarily "lifetime
        > achievement" awards, nor are they particularly for individuals whose
        > work of greatest significance was less than recent. These are about
        > those individuals whose work today will, in our opinion, create the
        > greatest "ripple effects" in the future... in both expected and
        > unexpected ways.”

        > ---------------------~-->
        > KnowledgeStorm has over 22,000 B2B technology solutions. The most
        > comprehensive IT buyers' information available. Research, compare,
        > decide. E-Commerce | Application Dev | Accounting-Finance | Healthcare

        Jan Gehl, Arkitekt.m.a.a., Professor, Dr.Litt.,
        Damstien 27
        Dk 2720, Vanløse
        Denmark

        Home: +45 38 71 31 12
        Office: +45 32 950 951
        www.gehlarchitects.dk

        Consult at: http://wTransport.org
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Maria Attard
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 22, 2004
          Been to a recent presentation on London Congestion Charge and I think
          they deserve the WTN2004 for all the work done.

          I support the nomination.

          Maria

          Maria Attard
          Assistant Lecturer
          GIS Laboratory
          Geography Division
          University of Malta
          Msida MSD 06
          Malta
          Tel: 00356 2340 2147
          Fax: 00356 21343397
          Email: maria.attard@...
          Links:
          http://staff.um.edu.mt/mbona
          http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/people/Maria.htm

> [...]

          > will
          > likely become or remain "key players" in the technological drama
          > unfolding in coming years. These awards are not necessarily "lifetime
          > achievement" awards, nor are they particularly for individuals whose
          > work of greatest significance was less than recent. These are about
          > those individuals whose work today will, in our opinion, create the
          > greatest "ripple effects" in the future... in both expected and
          > unexpected ways.”

          > ---------------------~-->
          > KnowledgeStorm has over 22,000 B2B technology solutions. The most
          > comprehensive IT buyers' information available. Research, compare,
          > decide. E-Commerce | Application Dev | Accounting-Finance | Healthcare
          > | Project Mgt | Sales-Marketing | More
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/IMai8D/UYQGAA/cIoLAA/2GfwlB/TM

          Jan Gehl, Arkitekt.m.a.a., Professor, Dr.Litt.,

        • Tracey Axelsson
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2004
            I've used the Congestion Charge model in speaking engagements and really think it's great.  Therefore I wholly support the nomination.

            Tracey Axelsson
            Co-operative Auto Network

            At 09:58 AM 04/03/22 +0100, you wrote:
            >Been to a recent presentation on London Congestion Charge and I
            think
            >they deserve the WTN2004 for all the work done.
            >
            >I support the nomination.
            >
            >Maria
            >
            >Maria Attard
            >Assistant Lecturer
            >GIS Laboratory
            >Geography Division
            >University of Malta
            >Msida MSD 06
            >Malta
            >Tel: 00356 2340 2147
            >Fax: 00356 21343397
            >Email: maria.attard@...

            Cheers,  Tracey!

            Tracey Axelsson
            Executive Director

            CAN Co-operative Auto Network                                                                a car sharing co-op
            205 - 470 Granville Street  Vancouver, BC   V6C 1V5                                          604/685-1393