Re: [WorldTransport Forum] Nomination for the WTN 2004 Environment Prize - Ken Livingston and the London road pricing crew

  • Anthony Perl
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17 7:28 AM
      Dear Eric,

      Greetings from Calgary. If you think it would be useful, I am pleased to
      join you in nominating Ken Livingstone for the WTN Award for
      Environment. Let me know if you require anything from me to formalize this.

      Regards,

      Anthony

    • Jan Gehl
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21 11:01 PM
        Dear Eric
        Good Idea. I support it

        Jan Gehl
        Professor, Dr.Litt
        Center for Public Space Research
        School of Architecture
        The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
        Copenhagen

        (Member of the Public Realm Advisory Board organized by Greater London
        Authority to transfer the roadspace left empty due to the Congestion
        Charge into improving quality for other groups of City Users in Central
        London i.e. pedestrians and bicyclists)

        Den 17/3-2004, kl. 6.06, skrev <eric.britton@...>:

> [...]
        > those innovators who have done work recently which has the greatest
        > likely future significance and impact over the long-term... and who
        > will
        > likely become or remain "key players" in the technological drama
        > unfolding in coming years. These awards are not necessarily "lifetime
        > achievement" awards, nor are they particularly for individuals whose
        > work of greatest significance was less than recent. These are about
        > those individuals whose work today will, in our opinion, create the
        > greatest "ripple effects" in the future... in both expected and
        > unexpected ways.”

        > ---------------------~-->
        > KnowledgeStorm has over 22,000 B2B technology solutions. The most
        > comprehensive IT buyers' information available. Research, compare,
        > decide. E-Commerce | Application Dev | Accounting-Finance | Healthcare

        Jan Gehl, Arkitekt.m.a.a., Professor, Dr.Litt.,
        Damstien 27
        Dk 2720, Vanløse
        Denmark

        Home: +45 38 71 31 12