Cities with carsharing + Coming events + Major overhaul of World Carshare site

  • eric.britton@ecoplan.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3 4:05 AM

      The promised push to develop, extend and improve our @World Carshare Consortium site is now well underway.  Let me report briefly:

      1.       Cities inventory – 566 cities with carsharing:  Thanks to the immediate (24 hour turnaround) help in answer to my request (but don’t stop there!) from our friends Peter Markusson (Scandinavia), Judy Ballard (UK), Peter Novy (Austria), Robert Benoît (Canada), Andrew Valentine (UK), Thomas Crulli (France), Peter Albert (USA) – our cities list now begins to be very very impressive.  What a clear indication that this is not a marginal movement or one that is standing still.  Moreover, I am dead sure that there is plenty more where that comes from – so if you have corrections or additions, please let me know so that we can keep this up to date and accurate.

      2.       Note – Web Site Update: The place to check the latest cities list is on our site at http://worldcarshare.com.  Now many of you know this, but since the site was not being actively maintained while I was working with the Stockholm Partnerships for Sustainable Cities program and then with GS-Automation in Switzerland for the last several years, it is only now that I have the time to get back to this important task. (You will note that there is still work going on and it is going to take several weeks before we have the full site up and in bets shape.  But it’s already a good place to start if you want to be kept up to date on World Carshare developments.

      3.       Coming Events: Very important.  I have just loaded in information about coming events in Italy and Portugal, which gives us a start.  But let us know about your events, conferences, demonstrations, whatever, and we can get them posted for the others to follow and share.

      4.       World Carshare Inventory:  You also might want to have a peek there as well.  A number of new website have come in and been added, but there are still numerous loopholes.  Help us plug them; you will be glad you did.

      5.       Media: I would like us to be able to share with those who come to this site to get ideas and support for their projects, more media materials.   Do you have links to video clips or radio programs that help make the point for carsharing? CDs that might help others?  Please let us know.

      That’s it for today.  I know that you are all very busy and I apologize for this rash of recent emails, but I think it’s in a good cause.

      Eric Britton

      The World Carshare Consortium at http://worldcarshare.com/

      Discussion Forum: worldcarshare@yahoogroups.com

      The Commons __ technology, economy, society__

      Phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 8096 7879

      IP Videoconference: 81.65.50.63

      Email: mail@... or eric.britton@...