new e group

  • Daryl Oster
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2000
      To: all my contacts, and members of e-groups that I believe would
      have an interest in a new e-group: Advanced Transportation

      From: Daryl Oster (et3@...), moderator of this new group.

      Together, we learn from, and contribute to each other's knowledge
      experience. The Advanced Transportation (AT) e-group is the place to
      learn and share information about advanced transportation
      technologies. It is my desire to contribute to the advancement of
      transportation in any way that I can. I live in Florida USA, I
      desire to travel the world more. In the next few months I will be
      adding files and links relating to AT.

      Advanced Transportation is needed by all. Transportation is
      fundamental to survival. If we can't get to food and water; or if
      food and water is not transported to us; we die. Transportation
      advances allow us to live the way we do. With every advance in
      transportation comes a boost in the standard of living. The roman
      road doubled the standard of living in the BC era. The sailing ship
      doubled the standard of living in the 15th century. In the
      early 1800s the steam ship doubled the standard of living for
      Americans. In the mid 1800s the train; the automobile around 1890,
      the airplane in 1903,the jet in the 1950s etc. all contributed to the
      lifestyle we enjoy.

      We are past due for the next advance. Without another advance, our
      lifestyle will suffer. This is because our current transport systems
      are not
      sustainable for all the worlds' population. Our existing systems
      have taken us to the point where the cost is too great for the gain.
      The cost of clean air, of clear water, the cost of lives of wildlife
      and people. We must change, but the change must advance. Bicycles
      are great for the environment, but think about it, they cannot
      sustain the lifestyle we know is available.

      Everyone relies on transportation for survival and communication.
      Cell phones are great; "being there" is best. Television or
      Internet cannot supply a warm hug, wet kiss, fresh mango, or bouquet
      of jasmine. The world needs a quantum improvement in transportation;
      so humankind may more fully experience people, things, and

      Advanced Transportation is the only way, and it is available. It is
      mostly in your brain, our collective brain, waiting to get out in the
      form of a written idea. That idea may be the piece of the puzzle for
      some one else's idea; the sharing of ideas creates better ideas.
      Ideas form into plans. Plans attract action. We can and must take
      the best ideas, and make plans to act to save and protect the
      environment, and our wonderful lifestyles at
      the same time.

      The purpose of the Advanced Transportation e group is to improve world
      awareness of all advanced transportation technologies. Any input is
      welcome, provided it relates to the topic, and is uplifting. Other
      related topics that are appropriate for discussion include energy,
      environment, ecology, sustainability, manufacturing technology, etc.
      as long as it relates in some way to the advancement of

      If you are not interested in this group, don't worry, I am
      sending it
      to moderators for possible forwarding to their group. I do not spam,
      either I or your moderator thought this was appropriate for the
      stated purpose of your group. I am only sending this message once,
      and only to those on my personal contact list or e groups that I
      belong to. Thank you for your consideration.

      Daryl Oster