Worst Practices Department: Grand Opening

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2013
      Facebook

      Full article at - http://wp.me/p1fsqb-16l

      Worst Practices Department: Grand Opening WPD...

      Eric Britton

      2:15pm Feb 26

      Worst Practices Department: Grand Opening

      WPD now also online on Network Dispatches at http://wp.me/p1fsqb-16l

      Worst Practices Department: Grand Opening

      networkdispatches.wordpress.com

      Worst Practices Department: Grand Opening You have heard of course about that reassuring phrase You have of course heard about that reassuring phrase "Best Practices", a noble concept for sure but one which reflects the value set of those who decide to include them in their personal pantheon. Well, this is not about "Best Practices". as you will shortly see.

      The  World Streets Worst Practices Department (also known as the Learning from Stupidity Department . . .  maybe) has its place in World Streets and the world more generally because when it comes to transportation there has never been a shortage of flakey ideas.

      But what we are looking to draw attention to here are not just the little stuff that may be the joy of an intrepid inventor or group of supporters, but the kinds of wrong-headed mega projects that often keep popping up in many parts of the world, sold hard by their sponsors and (if I may) fellow travelers -;). And always somehow ending up with an inevitable  call for taxpayer support of their great idea.

      View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.