YohooGroups site organization for 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013

      Dear Friends,

      With the new year it's a good moment to see if we can put our various focus information houses in order. If you want to see the state of play in our sometimes quite good Facebook Focus pages you can find the whole story on them at http://wp.me/psKUY-2IX. Recommended.  Worth the detour.

      As to the YohooGroups sites, the first to which go back to the mid nineties (under a different name), we also need to put a things in order here as well.  So here is how I propose it will work in 2013.

      2.      WorldTransport (273 members) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldTransport/ is the YG support site for the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice -- http://www.eco-logica.co.uk/worldtransport.html -- and the new World Transport Archives project at http://worldtransportarchives.wordpress.com/. The two corresponding Facebook sites are http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldstransport/ (journal) and http://www.facebook.com/WorldTransportArchives (archives).

      3.      WorldCarShare (106) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldCarShare/ will continue to be our YG window on carsharing developments worldwide. The extensive related contents of World Streets can be found via http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/sharetransport/carshare/. The parallel Facebook site is at http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldcarshare/

      4.      WorldCityBike (110) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldCityBike/ does what its name suggest. For more on World Streets extensive coverage of cycling, http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/sharetransport/carshare/. With the supporting FB site at http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldcitybike/.

      5.      The LandCafe (103) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LandCafe/ covers specifically and energetically Land Value Taxes and Value Capture, an ancillary area that is critical for getting the most out of public money spent for transportation improvements. The parallel and quite lively FB site is at http://www.facebook.com/groups/landcafe/.

      To conclude, I generally try to avoid multiple postings, but I have been slipping a bit of late. so it will be more discipline at this end. If you have suggestions or comments, please share them. This is an always open effort.

      Regards/Eric Britton

        Francis  Eric Knight Britton, Managing Director /  Editor

        World Streets  |  New Mobility Consult | 2013 Work Program | W/S on Facebook   | Zetabytes

        9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787  | E. eric.britton@...   S. newmobility