World Streets 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012

      Lyon, France. 28 November 2012

      After soon four years  of proving our worth day after day, bringing carefully selected news, expert views, arguments,  tools, comments, provocations and leads to the desks of thousands of readers  from more than seventy countries on all continents, World Streets is  reaching out. Our monthly costs to deliver the goods to your doorstep five days a week are on the order of six thousand Euros. Over the first three years all this work has been largely financed through fees from advisory, consultancy and mediation assignments by the editor, helped by contributions and loans from generous friends and colleagues, with a shortfall of about two thousand Euros in most months.  As you may suspect these numbers add up and it is not easy. We truly need your  support to continue in 2013.

      So as to get this message across without tying up too much of your time, I have prepared a set of three references that I believe make the case and to which you can click to directly from here. So let me introduce them quickly:

      Our 2013 Work Program - Check it out here - http://wp.me/psKUY-2yu.  And if what you see there does not challenge and excite your interest, you won't want to keep reading here.

      Our Call for support for 2013:  - Two pages you can find at http://wp.me/psKUY-2BK that set out the why and how of the support effort that is needed to keep World Streets alive.

      Our Qualifications:  In three main parts. First, the journal itself: World Streets is not one more plan or a project; it is an achievement with a verifiable track record. Second, let me point you to a group of highly distinguished people who have encouraged and supported us through their own work and contributions over the past several years, our all volunteer International Advisory Council at http://wp.me/psKUY-2sj.  And third and last when we asked our readers to pen a few lines to tell us what they think about the journal, 101 of them wrote back as you can see here - http://wp.me/psKUY-2BK.

      Case rested.  I look forward to your reaction and hope that it will be positive.  We need your help if we are to keep on making our contribution to the challenges of sustainable transport, sustainable  cities and sustainable lives.

      With all good wishes,

        Francis  Eric Knight-Britton, Managing Director /  Editor

        New Mobility Partnerships   | World Streets  |  W/S on Facebook   | On Twitter  |  xCar

        9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |  T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787  | E. eric.britton@...   S. newmobility

        9440 Readcrest Drive. Los Angeles, CA  90210  |   Tel. +1 213  985 3501  |  eric.britton@...  |  Skype: ericbritton