World Streets: Weekly digest for 5 November 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      WordPress.com

      From: World Streets: The Politics of Transport in Cities [mailto:donotreply@...]
      Subject: Weekly digest for 5 November 2012

      Eric Britton, editor posted: "John Pucher (cycling guru and Professor of Transport Policy at Rutgers university) gave a public lecture on cycling in cities in LA earlier this week, introducing his new book "City Cycling" to an attentive audience.  Kent Strumpell of the City of LA Bic"

      New post on World Streets: The Politics of Transport in Cities

      John Pucher reports on “City Cycling”

      by Eric Britton, editor

      John Pucher (cycling guru and Professor of Transport Policy at Rutgers university) gave a public lecture on cycling in cities in LA earlier this week, introducing his new book "City Cycling" to an attentive audience.  Kent Strumpell of the City of LA Bicycle Advisory Committee was there taking notes.  Which he kindly shares with us [...]

      Read more of this post

      Eric Britton, editor | 3 November 2012 at 10:16 | Categories: cities, Cycling, Seminar | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-2nC

      Comment

         See all comments

      http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/john-pucher-reports-on-city-cycling/

      Eric Britton, editor posted: "The other day the phone rang and I heard the voice of my long time friend and valued collaborator Professor John Whitelegg telling me: "on 8th November I am giving a presentation in London at a conference organised by SNCF.  It's all about London and Par"

      New post on World Streets: The Politics of Transport in Cities

      “What are the top 3 things Paris has done in the last 10 years to deliver a genuinely sustainable transport system?”

      by Eric Britton, editor

      The other day the phone rang and I heard the voice of my long time friend and valued collaborator Professor John Whitelegg telling me: "on 8th November I am giving a presentation in London at a conference organised by SNCF.  It's all about London and Paris and what the cities can learn from each other.  [...]

      Read more of this post

      Comment

         See all comments

      http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2012/11/02/what-are-the-top-3-things-paris-has-done-in-the-last-10-years-to-deliver-a-genuinely-sustainable-transport-system/

      Eric Britton, editor posted: "The Young Scholars/Future Leaders program organized in association with the inaugural Kaohsiung World Share/Transport Forum provided a highly  innovative and useful component of the 2010 event, which we are keen on build on and extend in the future. To t"

      New post on World Streets: The Politics of Transport in Cities

      Young Scholars/Future Leaders Fellows Program: Kaohsiung World Share/Transport Forum 2010

      by Eric Britton, editor

      The Young Scholars/Future Leaders program organized in association with the inaugural Kaohsiung World Share/Transport Forum provided a highly  innovative and useful component of the 2010 event, which we are keen on build on and extend in the future. To this end, we publish here today background information taken from the original  event, as a stepping [...]

      Read more of this post

      Comment

         See all comments

      http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/young-scholarsfuture-leaders-fellows-program-kaohsiung-world-sharetransport-forum-2010/

      Eric Britton, editor posted: "WEB, BLOGS & SUPPORTING SOCIAL MEDIA When it comes to the multiplicity of internet sites and media that together make up the at-times somewhat labyrinthine New Mobility Agenda, there is a certain if not always immediately app[rent underlying logic "

      New post on World Streets: The Politics of Transport in Cities

      NEW MOBILITY AGENDA/GETTING AROUND

      by Eric Britton, editor

      WEB, BLOGS & SUPPORTING SOCIAL MEDIA When it comes to the multiplicity of internet sites and media that together make up the at-times somewhat labyrinthine New Mobility Agenda, there is a certain if not always immediately app[rent underlying logic in our gameplan.  Here in summary how things look today in the hope that it will [...]

      Read more of this post

      Comment

         See all comments

      http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/new-mobility-agendagetting-around/