- Unconfusing the World Transport and other YahooGroups Fora in our New Mobility family of projects and sites. Let s try this in three crisp parts: WorldMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2012View Source
Unconfusing the World Transport and other YahooGroups Fora in our New Mobility family of projects and sites. Let's try this in three crisp parts:
World Transport Forum:
The World Transport Forum at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldTransport has been in operation since February 1999 and presently serves some 274 international subscribers.
· It is intended specifically to support the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice, and in particular to work in close tandem with the original Eco-Logica publication site at http://www.eco-logica.co.uk/worldtransport.htmland the new WTPP Archives that is just now opening at http://worldtransportjournal.wordpress.com/.
· The YahooGroups Forum is intended for those who read, wish to follow and contribute to the Journal. We try to keep the mailings tightly focused to the interests of this group.
· These Fora have the advantage of offering an fully searchable information base of messages and information shared over the years (unlike the more ephemeral Facebook and, above all, Twitter).
· For those who enjoy Facebook there is a parallel Facebook support page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Transport-Policy-Practice/300664846701299
World Streets and the New Mobility Café:
· The Café is the main conversation and exchange point in support of World Streets and all our collaborative work in the broad areas of the New Mobility Agenda more broadly.
· World Streets also maintains its own Facebook site at http://www.facebook.com/worldstreets
Other Focus Groups:
We also maintain a collection of other more specialized fora and social media sites, focusing on developments and exchanges in such areas as
3. Taxes and value capture (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LandCafe/ - Since July 2003, 101 members and with more than 14,000 ,messages our most lively discussion group. Also http://www.facebook.com/groups/landcafe/
I hope that this will be reasonably clear and that it will help you to decide how, if at all, you wish to take advantage of these collaborative groups. We try very hard to say rigorously on focus and to avoid unnecessary overlap between these groups and ask that those involved in each try to do the same. And yes indeed, if you have ideas and clues for us as to how to do a better job on all this, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Francis Eric Knight-Britton, Managing Director / Editor
9, rue Gabillot 69003 Lyon France | T. +339 8326 9459| M. +336 5088 0787 | E. eric.britton@... | S. newmobility
9440 Readcrest Drive. Los Angeles, CA 90210 | Tel. +1 213 985 3501 | eric.britton@... | Skype: ericbritton
P Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement