Op-Ed: Why things are not good for UK citizens --...

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2012
      Facebook

      Subject: [World Transport Policy and Practice] Op-Ed: Why things are not good for UK citizens --...

      Op-Ed: Why things are not good for UK citizens...

      Eric Britton

      10:50am Oct 10

      Op-Ed: Why things are not good for UK citizens -- and how to make them better

      Why things are not good for UK citizens — and how to make them better

      worldstreets.wordpress.com

      - By John Whitelegg

      We are not doing very well in the UK on things that matter to most people.  We are the 6th richest country in the world and yet we come very near the bottom of most rankings on things like child poverty, inequality, pensioner poverty, excess winter deaths, teenage pregnancy, NEETS, percentage of electricity generated from renewables, levels of cycling and quality of public transport.  None of this is necessary and it is safe to assume that local and central governemnt did not set out to achieve these poor quality outcomes.  So what is going on?

      me

      View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.