"So much for green transport."

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2012
      From http://www.facebook.com/IndiaStreets today:

      DELHI'S MULTI-MILLION PUBLIC TRANSPORT FAILURE: A series of mistakes doomed Delhi's "Bus Rapid Transit" corridor before it ever got rolling.

      There is a certain smug, almost joyful desire to pillory the Delhi BRT project, and while it seems to me like BAU when I read it in certain Indian sources, coming out of the mouths of babes and sucklings in of all places The Alaska Dispatch -- -- kind of makes one wonder what the gent that wrote it had for breakfast that day. I like the way he ends in a bang, not a whimper-- "So much for green transport." QED eh?

      # # #

      The Streets of India on Facebook welcomes comments, articles, references, graphics and whatever else it takes to get the point of sustainable transport, sustainable cities and sustainable lives across in the world's largest and most, surely, original democracy. Sign in to http://www.facebook.com/IndiaStreets