    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2012

      The story of the Helsinki equity/transport project

      Posted on 9 May 2012 by Eric Britton, editor | Leave a comment

      Nothing is more attractive to me than a muddled
      discussion awaiting its first theory.

      - E. O. Wilson, Biophilia, Harvard University Press, 1984

      In the very first days of 2012 and looking to the year ahead  I followed up on a long standing conversation with Mrs. Leena Silfverberg, whom I have known for some years and worked with on several occasions on sustainable transport projects of various sorts in Finland and who in her day job is head of the Regional Planning Unit in the City Planning Department/Transportation of the city of Helsinki.  Our on-going exchanges had to deal with our shared concern that new forms of mobility were coming online in cities across the world and  in the process changing the generally accepted view that transport in cities is provided either by people driving cars or taking public transportation. (Article continues)

      For article and information on how to obtain report: http://wp.me/p1fsqb-NW

      PS.  Please note new address and phone number as of 24 April 2012

        Francis  Eric Knight-Britton, Managing Director /  Editor

        New Mobility Partnerships   | World Streets  |  The Equity/Transport Project

        9, rue Gabillot   69003 Lyon France  |   Tel. +336 5088 0787 | eric.britton@...   Skype: newmobility

        Email backup contacts as needed: fekbritton@...  | Tel2  +33 6 3351 6718  | Skype: ericbritton