Prize for Sustainable Transportation Entrepreneurs: SMART Mobility EnterPrize

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2012

    Hi Eric,

    First I would like to commend you on the great work that you are doing with Worldstreets, it is very impressive and exciting. I am contacting you on behalf of the University of Michigan's SMART (Sustainable Mobility & Accessibility Research & Transformation) initiative, which with the generous support of the Rockefeller Foundation has created a prize called SMART Mobility EnterPrize, affectionately called ‘The Mobi’. We've been referred to you by a colleague, Santhosh Kodukula  from ICLEI. We think that this prize is of interest to you and that you can help us promote and advertise to potential candidates for the prize.

    It is not unlike the Helsinki Equity/Transport 2012 project, only in the form of a prize that is part of a bigger report on the new mobility industry.

    The award is for entrepreneurs or businesses, addressing innovation in all aspects of urban planning and design.  Though the prize is geared towards entrepreneurs worldwide special recognition will also be given for those serving the urban poor, ventures by young entrepreneurs and ventures that are integrative and bring two or more things together as a system. We hope to see entries that encourage New Mobillity by moving people, moving goods, and moving less more sustainably.

    There are three awards, each including $5 k and a trip to Rio + 20 in June 2012– see www.mobiprize.com. The application deadline is April 1.

    Would you please forward the announcement for SMART Mobility EnterPrize to your list serves, or post on your website? Let us know what you are able to do. I've included our logo in the attachment. Organizations who help spread the word, can be listed on our site as a “Promoting Partner”.

    This undertaking is not just for the prize, we’re trying to ferret out (and help) New Mobility ventures world wide – both through our research on innovation / new business models and through our online listing of entrepreneurs / enterprises. In case you’re interested in the wider project, please see the Rockefeller project summary.

    Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

    Monica Musialowski

    SMART Mobility EnterPrize
    University of Michigan

    Masters of Architecture Candidate 2012

    ------------

    ANNOUNCING MOBI-PRIZE

    New SMART Prize for New Mobility Entrepreneurs

    Do you have an innovative venture that is helping to reshape mobility / accessibility in communities or across regions?

    ANNOUNCING SMART MOBILITY EnterPrize, affectionately called “The Mobi”:

    A NEW PRIZE FOR ENTREPRENEURS ADDRESSING SUSTAINABLE URBAN TRANSPORTATION

    •                3 cash prizes ($5000)

    •                travel to present on the world stage at Rio +20 in June 2012

    •                top-notch mentorship

    With the generous support of the Rockefeller Foundation, SMART at the University of Michigan seeks to identify and recognize notable New Mobility enterprises worldwide, with special recognition for those offering integrated solutions, those benefiting the everyday life of the urban poor and other vulnerable people living in cities, and young entrepreneurs.

    All entrepreneurs addressing mobility and accessibility challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions and business models are encouraged to apply.

    Each application will be evaluated by a prestigious jury of experts in the field and by the online public to decide the winners of the two New Mobility Prizes and one People’s Choice Award. All qualifying applicants – even those who are not prizewinners, will be profiled in the first international online listing for New Mobility Entrepreneurs, an exciting new cyberspace for promoting and networking New Mobility entrepreneurs locally and worldwide.

    Each prize includes a $5,000 cash award as well as travel to present your work and receive the prize in person at the Entrepreneurs Session of the Rio + 20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

    The venture must be up and running and legal.Applications open now, all entries due April 1st. For more information, go to www.mobiprize.com or email:info@...