Collaborative mapping of modal splits in world cities

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2011

      If you have a look at World Streets tomorrow morning, you will find an article introducing a project on modal splits and mapping which I think may be of use to all those who work with, worry about sustainable transport in your city. The article will be available  at http://wp.me/psKUY-273

      We have been invited by the organizers of this program of the European Union to extend an open invitation to our international colleagues to join this open project. You will see how it works in the article.

      This is a very simple deal, but a very powerful one. And if used with care, can yield some interesting results.  As an example have a look at our sister publication today, Nuova Mobilità, you will see the way that have compared a bunch of Italian cities. See http://nuovamobilita.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/tems-istruzioni-per-luso/

      Or a Swedish colleague who used it to look for patterns between cars, walking, cycling and public transport. See below

      Now these are of course very rough figures. But in the hands of a capable planner and policy advisor they can be put to work prudently and usefully.

      I hope that you will seize this opportunity.

      Best/Eric

         Eric Britton, Editor / Managing Director

         World Streets / New Mobility Partnerships  / Sustainability Seminar Series

         8, rue Jospeh Bara   75006 Paris France

         Tel. +331 7550 3788   |  editor@...   |  Skype: newmobility