"I prefer corruption to pollution"

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2011

      New post on World Streets

      “I prefer corruption to pollution”

      by Eric Britton, editor

      The full message from Todd Edelman -- as part of a discussion on the Sustran/Global South forum of attempts to limit parking in cities through regulation, which sometimes achieve at least some of their objectives, and at other times risk to open up opportunities for favoritism and corruption --reads: "Briefly (and simplistically): I prefer corruption to pollution."  Now I find this a terrific provocative thought and while I leave you to sort that one out for yourself, here's a bit of context on this important, powerful, unambiguous,  but nonetheless largely ignored policy issue behind his contentious phrase. < a href="http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/i-prefer-corruption-to-pollution/#more-7942" class="more-link" style="text-decoration: none; color: #0088cc; text-decoration: underline; color: #2585B2;">Read more of this post

      Eric Britton, editor | 4 December 2011 at 19:54 | Categories: Cars, Comment, parking | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-246

         See all comments