World Streets Editorial: A devine solution for Car Free Days?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2011

      I posted this article this morning to my personal blog, NetworkDispatches, rather than putting it into the pages of World Streets because I have considerable hesitation about never trotting out any form or source of religious ideas or practices in public.  We here in France believe that your religion is your private affair and should be kept exactly that, private!  In your view, is an article like this which comments on how religious practices and culture may or may not influence the uphill struggle towards sustainable transportation and sustainable cities, is such an article appropriate for our non-denominational collaborative journal.  Thanks for giving me your views, and if it seems to be an idea which has some support, I will certainly be interested in hearing about how other religious groups might be influencing of somehow making their voices heard on the matters which concern us here.  Kind thanks/Eric Britton

      New post on Network Dispatches

      Editorial: A religious Car Free Day?

      by Eric Britton, editor

      One of the sayings we use most often at World Streets is one that goes "you can never tell where the next good idea is going to come from". Here is an example. As some of our readers certainly know, we have something of an affinity with the concept of Car Free Days -- which [...]

      Read more of this post

      Eric Britton, editor | 30 October 2011 at 10:49 | Categories: Dispatch | URL: http://wp.me/p1fsqb-Bb

         See all comments