Going Down? Newman and Kenworthy on Peak Car Use

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2011

      World Streets

                   Make it yours

      Going Down? Newman and Kenworthy on Peak Car Use

      Posted on 23 June 2011 by Eric Britton, editor| Leave a comment | Edit

      This is an important article. It  appears simultaneously in the Summer of http://worldstreets.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/cfd-ital12.jpg?w=150&h=1252011 edition of our sister publication, the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice. With a view to ensuring its broadest international readership we are posting it here with pleasure, and with permission of the authors. We do this with particular interest on the grounds that their central thesis — that is, our faster than one might have expected evolving attitudes toward car ownership and use — is one that is central to the preoccupations of World Streets and all our associated programs. Getting control of car use overall, and more particularly in and around cities, is a critical building block of the strategy needed to ensure sustainability and social justice. the first step in this direction is to do what we can to create a strong consensus and to give a strong voice to the community of all those concerned with the move toward sustainable transport, sustainable cities and sustainable lives.

      Click here for today's feature article - http://wp.me/psKUY-1Is

         Eric Britton, Editor / Managing Director

         World Streets / New Mobility Partnerships

         8, rue Jospeh Bara   75006 Paris France

         Tel. +331 7550 3788   |  editor@...   |  Skype: newmobility