Urban Mobility and the Social Space Challenge - An invitation

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 9:15 PM

      A Sustainable World

                          Make it yours

      Dear friends and colleagues,

      We have been authorized by the organizers of the fifth annual Cities for Mobility Congress in Stuttgart to extend an invitation in their name to you and all of those participating in our various New Mobility projects and programs worldwide, including of course all subscribers to World Streets.  You will find full details at http://www.cities-for-mobility.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=146&Itemid=260

      The focus of this year's conference is on the topic of " Urban Mobility and the Social Space Challenge", something very close to our hearts here at World Streets.  You will see several old friends among the distinguished speakers, and I for one am extremely interested in hearing what they have to say as I am still very much in the process of organizing my own thoughts on the subject.

      Invited participants benefit from free entry to the conference program. which includes all the plenaries, interactive workshops, a contact forum, poster exhibitions and special tours in Stuttgart. Invited participants also will benefit from invitations to attend several special events. And when you complete the registration form (http://www.cities-for-mobility.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=160&Itemid=269) you will see that you have access to a three day transport pass, valid for city transport and access to the airport. And if you are working on a tight budget, you may note that they have cut deals with several local hotels for budget accommodations.

      If you are not familiar with the region and have a few days for yourself, Stuttgart is very well situated in the heart of Europe. So people coming here can also combine their visit with side trips to Munich, Zürich or Strasburg.  Plenty of shared space for you to observe and learn from in those cities who are working very hard, and well, on their own sustainability agendas. And while you are at it, a visit to the Vauban "a sustainable model district" in nearby Freiburg

      Finally, if you do intend to come may I ask you to drop me a line. Perhaps we will organize something for the World Streets/New Mobility family on the side.  It would be good to see you.

      With all good wishes,

      Eric Britton

      PS. Underpinning all our attempts at sustainable mobility and sustainable cities are the broader challenges of sustainable development more generally. If that seems about right, you may wish to check out a collaborative project just getting underway under the title "Sustainable Development, Business & Society". You can see all about it at http://sustain.ecoplan.org. If you have questions or ideas for us, this is a good place to turn.

      PPS. For the latest from World Streets, click here for World Streets This Week.

         Eric Britton, Editor / Managing Director

         Sustainable Development, Business & Society | World Streets  | New Mobility Partnerships

         8, rue Jospeh Bara   75006 Paris France

         Tel. +331 7550 3788   |  editor@...   |  Skype: newmobility