AFRICA: 'Bicycles Are For Good'

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 1:44 AM
      WordPress.com

      AFRICA: 'Bicycles Are For Good'

      Eric Britton, editor | 29 May 2011 at 08:45 | Categories: Cycling, empowerment | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-1Gk

      Gail Jennings writes from Cape Town. Politicians may tell us that bicycles are a sign that we are not advancing,” says Patrick Kayemba, managing director of the First African Bicycle Information Organization in Uganda, “but we ourselves have seen that cycling is a socio-economic tool. It works now – we don’t have to wait for someone to rescue us with better public transport, better this, or better that…” Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      WordPress

      WordPress.com | Thanks for flying with WordPress!
      Manage Subscriptions | Unsubscribe | Publish text, photos, music, and videos by email using our Post by Email feature.

      Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://subscribe.wordpress.com