Call for Papers - World Transport Policy & Practice Special Edition: A Future Beyond the Car
Call for Papers – World Transport Policy & Practice Special Edition: A Future Beyond the Car
This special edition of World Transport Policy & Practice is planned to be published early in 2012. The deadline for submission of articles is July 31st. A broad introduction by Guest Editor Steve Melia will set the scene for up to half a dozen articles of 2,000 to 5,000 words around the following indicative themes:
· Good practice in removal of cars/traffic from urban areas
· Experience of new practices or technologies which offer the potential to replace private motor traffic in the longer-term
· Alternatives to increasing motorisation in developing or newly-industrialised countries
· Research into carfree lifestyles in developed countries
· The challenges and limitations of ‘solving the problem’ through alternative fuels and new car technology
In line with the overall aims of the journal, we are looking for evidence-based articles which will be of use to policymakers, campaigners and/or transport professionals. The articles should be about a specific aspect of ‘the big picture’, so for example, an article about experience of freight delivery in carfree or pedestrian areas would be appropriate, whereas a study of a specific change designed to increase efficiency of deliveries in a pedestrian area, would not.
For more information see: www.stevemelia.co.uk/wtpp.htm.
Dr Steve Melia
Centre for Transport & Society
Department of Planning and Architecture
University of the West of England
Bristol BS16 1QY
+ 44 (0)117 328 3267