Anybody out there who loves the English language

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2011

    Anybody out there who loves the English language in all its splendid nuances and who might like to lend a hand with the following?

    Our friend and colleague Enrico Bonfatti and his team of volunteers are publishing some very interesting articles in our sister publication Nuova Mobilità Рhttp://nuovamobilita.org --  in which the cover challenges and innovations from Italian cities and groups, which I am sure the readers of World Streets would do well to know more about.

    But if the articles are going to be a fast and enjoyable read (always our target) it will be important that they are presented in good clear idiomatic English -- and while Google Translate is useful and a big help as a first step, we think it would be better if some English-loving soul could come in from time to time and help us fine-tune the machine translations for articles. Knowledge of Italian is a help, but more important I would say is a good feel for our topics and a capacity for writing well in English. And if you run into areas of uncertainty , Enrico and I will always be there to help clarify.

    Should you be even a bit tempted, let me point you to one I believe quite nice example, a short report that appeared in N/M today on an Italian innovational project that combines hitchhiking and ride-sharing. You can see the Italian original at http://nuovamobilita.wordpress.com/2011/03/18/jungo-un-po-car-pooling-un-po-autostop/, and for the rough Google transition, it's attached.

    Any ideas for us?

    Grazie

    Eric Britton and Enrico Bonfatti