[India Streets ] Lahore Transport Master Plan: Master of none

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      LAHORE TRANSPORT MASTER PLAN: MASTER OF NONE Eric Britton, editor | 3 March
      2011 at 12:06 | Categories: bad planning/execution, Planning, transport/land
      use | URL:

      As we read Hassaan Ghazali’s clear-eyed analysis of the short-comings of the
      Lahore Transport Master Plan and the process behind it, it is natural enough
      that we from other parts of the world think of it as a saga that typifies
      that city, that country and that part of the world. He tells us that “role
      of planning in urban development has always been our Achilles heel”, which I
      am sure is the case, But whoa, if we think about it we have to admit that
      there are all too few cities in the world in which these challenges have
      been all that well handled. We are all in fact involved in a learning
      process, and with a little luck we will be able to learn from each other So
      let’s hear what Hassaan has to tell us about Lahore, without forgetting for
      a minute he is sharing with us a story and a challenge that we all face.
      [...]

      Read more of this post: http://wp.me/p15YEC-e3 Add a comment to this post :
      http://wp.me/p15YEC-e3/#respond

      - - - > Would you like to support World Streets? If so please click
      to http://wp.me/PsKUY-BD .

      | 8-10, rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris. | +331 75503788. |
      eric.britton@... | Skype: newmobility |

      weekly edition: Click here
      India Streets – is on-line at http://IndiaStreets.org | To
      subscribe to weekly edition: Click here