Día sin Coches en Bogotá XI : Carlosfelipe Pardo repor ting live from the street on the city's 11th Car Free Day

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2011

      From World Streets today – Article at http://wp.me/psKUY-1k1

      Día sin Coches en Bogotá XI : Carlosfelipe Pardo reporting live from the street on the city’s 11th Car Free Day

      Posted on 3 February 2011 by Eric Britton, editor

      http://worldstreets.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/carfree-day-bogota.jpg?w=278&h=161This just in from our fearless embedded reporter on the streets of Bogotá Día sin coches XI. Carlos refers in his email to the seminal project which kicked off the basic structure for organizing days without cars back in 1994 under the title “Thursday: A Breakthrough Strategy for Reducing Car Dependence in Cities” . Later Thursday provided a part of the blueprint for the first Car Free Day to be organized in Bogotá under the exceptional leadership of then-mayor Enrique Penalosa on the first Thursday of the new millennium. You can download Thursday here.