IIID Traffic & Transport 2011 - Call for Speakers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2011
      IIID Traffic & Transport 2011 - Call for Speakers

      The information interface linking users to mobility purveyors of the full range of options available in any given city holds the key to the future of sustainable transport in and around our cities.  It is, as we all know here,  not new motorway construction or expansion, nor heavy rail, and certainly not EVs, or PRT, etc. etc.

      In my humble opinion (?), this is the most important single technology area for the public sector to step up to the plate and get behind innovation, demonstrations, and collaborative learning that is before policy makers today.

      How can we get policy makers in both international organizations and at the national level to understand this and do what they can to get behind this important area of social-technical innovation?  For now, they hold the key.

      Of course there will be innovations at the level of specific projects, specific city implementations and other sources of innovation. But it would be a wonderful thing if we had a clearer public policy perspective on all this.

      So here you have the full details on their conference and if you will, pass it on.

      All the best/Eric Britton

      | 8-10, rue Joseph Bara 75006 Paris.  | +331 75503788. | eric.britton@...  |  Skype:  newmobility  |