Thinking exercise (TISA and carsharing)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2010

      If one of the main decision factors for joining a carshare program is economic savings, would you expect some kind of positive correlation between carsharing and gas prices?

      This little table taken from our in-process TISA carshare analysis reports some pretty ragged data from a jumble on international sources, few of which up to date for 2010. But still . . .

      People who carshare drive, but drive a lot less. So, if you as a policy maker at the national level with a charge for sustainable transport, would you not (of course) want to set in motion a process of steady increase in fuel costs (with the needed compensations, etc. etc. ) AND expect that it will be just one more little nudge to favor more sustainable cars, i.e., carsharing.

      Thanks for your comments.

      And if you can give us the current $/liter figures for your country, we can factor them in to have a better table. Thanks again.

      Eric Britton

      TISA - Carsharing 101

      Country (1)

      Price of gas