The World - the Climate - the Strategy. Come argue with me.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010
      WordPress.com

      Heavy traffic on the way to sustainable cities and sustainable lives . . .

      Part I. The World - the Climate – the Strategy. Come argue with me.

      Eric Britton, editor | 6 December 2010 at 17:36 | Categories: behavior, climate, demand management, editorial, environment, leadership, mental model, pricing, sharing, technology | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-1cU

      http://streetworks.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/blackonworldstreets-eb.jpg?w=186&h=227#038;h=227Let me sketch out an easy to understand (or reject) climate/transport strategy that presents some stark contrasts with what seems to be largely accepted as the received wisdom when it comes to targeting, policy and investment in the sector, and which in a first instance is quite likely to earn me more enemies than friends (that goes with the territory). At least until such time that these basic underlying ideas are expressed in a manner which is sufficiently clear and convincing that we put them to work to turn the tide. So here you have my first brief statement of the issues, the basic strategic frame and key pressure points to which I invite your critical reactions and comments. In a second piece in this series, to follow shortly, I intend to have a look at the candidates who could be ready to do something about it. Or not.

      - Eric Britton, Editor

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      India Streets - on-line at www.IndiaStreets.org