[World Streets] Will the real British local transport policy please stand up.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2010
      WordPress.com

      Heavy traffic on the way to sustainable cities and sustainable lives . . .

      Paris, Tuesday, 30 November, 2010

      Will the real British local transport policy please stand up.

      About two weeks ago I sent out a red flag to a short list of my most respected British transport/environment colleagues with a cry for help in preparation for a keynote speech I had been asked to deliver to a conference scheduled to take place this Thursday, 2 December, in Liverpool, and where the speaker just before me is a respected ministerial representative of the latest British government. I confessed to my distinguished British friends that I was at best half-educated in terms of the current policy and practice debate in Britain and needed a fast tutorial before exposing myself to a critical audience. They responded fast, generously and most usefully as you will soon see here in a follow-up piece to the conference; but one of the responses opened up his perceptive comments with an amusing analogy which I thought you might enjoy this morning. .  .

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post