Operational costs for monorails (brrh)

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2010
      Can anybody lend a hand to Adelberto at dalmaluf@...?

      We have some coverage of this very stupid idea in World Streets (balanced reporting guaranteed) which you can pick up at http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/monorails/ (which includes a fine earlier piece by Adalberto summarizing the situation in Brazil). It's really amazing that this one will not die. (Though it is not hard to figure out why. And who.)

      Thanks for helping out.

      On Behalf Of Dal Maluf
      Sent: Thursday, 28 October, 2010 13:06

      Dear friends,

      Some Brazilian cities were approached by international consultants trying to sell monorails for the World Cup and Olympic Games. Most of these projects were already abandoned as costs have skyrocket with the developments of these projects. However, there are new Governors elected and around the country and some of them decided to study these possibilities again. New guys, new projects... I guess you all known that process...

      Does anyone have technical information or papers dealing with financial data for monorails operational and maintenance?

      Thank you very much,

      Adalberto
      USP
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2010
        Adelberto,

        I just had a look from World Streets where one of our Combined Search
        Engines scans all the hundred + linked programs and sources, and it turned
        up 138 references for monorails, a few of which might be useful.

        To get there: (a) go to www.WorldStreets.org, (b) scroll down the right menu
        to "Search all linked sources", and (c) pop in "monorail" with or without
        other keywords as you wish. Again no guarantees of course but perhaps worth
        a few minutes of you r time to scan.

        Good luck. Executive summary: Monorails suck (in cities).