World Transport Facebook page - an invitation

  • fekbritton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2010
      Dear World Transport Friends and Colleagues,

      This is to let you know that as part of the World Transport Forum and the Journal of World Transport Policy and Practice we have just created a new Facebook Group for our colleagues working in this important area of transport innovation in more than forty countries, which you will find just getting started today at http://tinyurl.com/worldtransport-fb

      You are cordially invited to join us, and I very much hope that in time you find it useful to advance your own projects and work more generally. At this point it is most unimpressive (in fact for now it's just an empty box), but based on our experience with other new mobility programs, this can be made into a useful working tool. So I hope that you will give it a try.

      Finally, I am no unconditional supporter of social networking in general and of Facebook in particular. But like a sharp knife at an opportune time, I am willing to consider. We shall shortly be publishing a feature on social networks for policy purposes in World Streets, drawing on an excellent article by Malcolm Gladwell "Small Change: Why the revolution will not be tweeted". In the meantime I can recommend it to you gladly at http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/10/04/101004fa_fact_gladwell.

      So for those of you who climb aboard this latest collaborative try, welcome and be sure to share your counsel with us on how we can do better. For if we are to influence policy, we need more tools and more leverage.

      With all good wishes,

      Eric Britton

      PS. And yes, please do check into World Streets from time to time at www.WorldStreets.org. It is not only a good read, it is also a good platform.