[World Streets] Commuting your way to divorce

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2010

      Commuting your way to divorce

      Eric Britton, editor | 18 October 2010 at 09:50 | Categories: behavior, commuting, economics, media, reprinted | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-12T

      One of the persistent themes of World Streets is that both the starting and the ending place for  what is often called "transportation" or "infrastructure" is not about concrete, steel or rubber, nor infrastructure, vehicles or even electronics, but people -- ordinary people like you and me in our day-to-day lives. Here in a short piece by the economist Robert Frank that appeared in Saturday's New York Times is a single paragraph (toward the bottom and conveniently in red here) which provides  us with one more  trenchant reminder that reminds us of the importance of starting with people. And the high cost of tailing to do just that.

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post