[World Streets ] Thread: Is peer-to-peer carsharing going anywhere?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8 2:33 AM

      Eric Britton, editor | 8 October 2010 at 11:19 | Categories: New Mobility, cars, carshare, surprising, thread | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-11C

      "Peer-to-peer carsharing" (P2P C/S) sounded to me for quite some time like a new mobility concept that was unlikely to go very far. The idea that, instead of a perfectly functional car rental service or a local carshare operation for people who might need a car for a bit, there might also be a niche in the market for people willing to share their own cars on a regular basis with others (for the most part strangers!), sounded to me at least like a well-intentioned 1970's peace-and-love idea warmed over. But . . . I have of late been talking to some people who are more open in their thinking about P2P than I am/was -- including several who are actually trying to make it work. So I am beginning to revise my thoughts. In a very big way, in fact. Let's follow this thread together. Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post