Looking for research papers on the impact of carsharing on walk/pedestrian activity

  • carshare1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14 7:18 AM
      Hello world,

      In preparation for an annual pedestrian advocacy conference (Walk 21), I am
      gathering research data about the impact of carsharing on member's pedestrian
      activity (walking). Suggestions on reports and how to obtain them would be
      appreciated. Thank you.

      Dave Brook
      Portland, Oregon
    • Peter Muheim
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16 8:39 AM
        Hi Dave

        In my studie "CarSharing - the key to combined mobility" from 1998 we figure
        out, that the impact of carsharing on member's pedestrian activity (walking)
        is very little. The impact of bicycle is much bigger:

        http://www1.mobility.ch/mobilmanager/IntSummeryE.html#Pronounced

        See also:

        CarSharing - der Schlüssel zur kombinierten Mobilität
        Bern, September 1998

        Synthese
        Peter Muheim & Partner, Lucerne. EDMZ-order code 805.501.d

        Mobility At Your Convenience
        This publication summarizes the main points of the Synthesis. EDMZ-order
        code 805.504.eng (English). Also available in German (805.504.d) and French
        (805.504.f).

        Summery of the Synthesis
        German, English, French, Italien. EDMZ-order code 805.505

        Peter Muheim
        Lucerne, Switzerland