World Streets: Weekly digest for 13 September 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2010
      WordPress.com

      Cycling as the catalyst for more human and sustainable transport

      The interest for a human and sustainable transport is growing in the public and private sector, at local, national and global level.  Our cities and our planet cannot rely on cars for our transport needs, even if they become more energy-efficient or even carbon neutral. We have to create accessibility for people. With current planning [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      Kaohsiung 2010 Papers: Will Carsharing Work in China?

      Eric Britton, editor | 9 September 2010 at 08:20 | Categories: China, Kaohsiung, cars, carshare, young people | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-YL

      Although the interest is increasing, research about carsharing in China is still at a low level. The objective of this paper is to assess the feasibility for carsharing to work in China, and to find out which city in China is best suited for carsharing to first be tested. Therefore, this paper evaluates current transport [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      Who read World Streets this morning?

      Eric Britton, editor | 8 September 2010 at 15:29 | Categories: New Mobility | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-Yz

      World Streets makes the claim that it is a truly international journal and world-wide collaborative effort.  That's an easy claim to make, but just to put some muscle on it here is a map showing the points of origin of the readers who have come in thus far this morning.  A day pretty much like [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      Kaohsiung 2010 Papers. Sharing/Strategy for a Small Planet. Part I

      Eric Britton, editor | 7 September 2010 at 16:54 | Categories: Kaohsiung, behavior, cars, climate, philosophy, sharing | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-Ye

      After many decades of a single dominant city-shaping transportation pattern - i.e., for those who could afford it: owning and driving our own cars, trucks, motorcycles and bicycles, getting into taxis by ourselves, riding in streets that are designed for cars and not much else -- there is considerable evidence accumulating that we have already [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post