World/Streets : Weekly digest for 30 August 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2010
      WordPress.com

      1-minute to open eyes

      E. Britton, editor | 30 August 2010 at 01:44 | Categories: art, behavior, event, film, media, mental model, policy | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-UH

      We live at a time when the people at the top who have to make or influence decisions in our sector are time-starved, over-burdened and, truth to tell, not about to spend a lot of time reading, or even listening or otherwise trying to ingest the great glaciers of data views and recommendations that are [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      Car Free Days 2010: Part 2. Thursday: A breakthrough strategy for reducing car dependence in cities

      E. Britton, editor | 26 August 2010 at 01:13 | Categories: New Mobility, carfree, cars, event, participation | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-U9

      This is the full unedited text of the original presentation to the Ciudades Accesibles Congress in Toledo Spain organized by the Spanish Ministry of Public Works, Transport and the Environment, with the participation of Car Free Cities Initiative of the EuroCities program and the Direction General XI of the Commission of European Communities.

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      Car Free Days 2010: Part 1. Origins, Timeline, Progress

      E. Britton, editor | 25 August 2010 at 11:14 | Categories: carfree, cars, event, non-drivers | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-TW

      "Every day is a great day to take a few cars off the street and think about it." Here is how the Car Free Days movement got started and has taken shape over the last 16 years.  This is the first of a series of two articles which we update and post annually just prior [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      Victoria Transport Policy Institute Summer 2010 Newsletter

      E. Britton, editor | 23 August 2010 at 09:24 | Categories: New Mobility, author, policy, strategic planning, tools | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-SX

      This carefully compiled seasonal report from Todd Litman of the Victoria Transport Policy Institute is a fine tool and up to date source guide for researchers and policy makers worldwide. We are pleased to present it in its entirety here, together with references you will find handy to take these entries further. Thanks for your [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post