Global South: Key references on World Streets

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2010

      Greetings from Paris, Delhi and Kaohsiung:

      We are cooking up some reference tools over at World Streets which may be useful to you, and which you can possibly help us to make better for all. Let me see if I can make this fast.

      We have thus far identified going on one thousand blogs and sources world wide that look directly at our topic – sustainable transport and sustainable cities – and are now concentrating on seeing if we can get a good listing identifying all those which are leading the way with ideas, information and insights on our topic. Few of these references/sources are purely local, but where the city or organization identified is setting an example or blazing a trail for others, then they belong on this list.

      Key Global South references: You will see our work in progress on this, if you scroll down to the lower half of www.WorldStreets.org  and direct your attention to the 40 sources thus far identified here as important sources for those concerned with these issues in the "Global South" (think most of Asia, Latin America and Africa".

      Please have a look and let us know if you have sources whom you feel should be identified and linked here? Thanks.

      I should point out that all these sources, and quite a number of other in other categories in process, including NGOs, universities, public agencies, media and one or two others, are directly searchable through out combined search engine, Knoogle. You will see how that works in the top Link reference labeled "Search all Key Sources". It's already pretty good and is going to get better.

      In closing let me acknowledge the help of Pallavi Pant of New Delhi who has kindly volunteered to lend a hand.