World Streets - Weekly digest for 9 August 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2010
      WordPress.com

      Transport and the lock-in problem

      The Editor | 4 August 2010 at 08:34 | Categories: Carbon, New Mobility, climate, culture, emergency, policy, politics, pricing | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-Qa

      Politicians are reluctant to confront the economic and environmental costs of transport. The task: to reduce the demand for mobility. I probably don't write about transport as much as I ought to, and that was brought home to me at an event on The Future of Transport in Leuven in Belgium, at which I was [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      Transport, Mobility and/or Access – Technologies, Management and/or Behavior?

      The Editor | 3 August 2010 at 01:23 | Categories: Carbon, New Mobility, energy, investment, op-ed, policy, technology | URL: http://wp.me/psKUY-Q6

      Part I: Getting it wrong from the start. One of the great, long-proven truths of policy and practice in the transport field is the we all to often start out by jumping right into the middle of the problem set – instead of taking the time to sit back and figure out what really is [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post

      Honk! We leave it to you to figure out this one for yourself.

      The happy life is one where every day something happens that makes us smile. Today we were blessed with this article that appeared in China Hush under the title  “Straddling” bus–a cheaper, greener and faster alternative to commute. Your editor was fascinated and hopes that you will be too.  Thank you Shenzhen Hashi Future Parking [...]

      Read more of this post

      Add a comment to this post