"The First Step in the New Mobility Agenda . . . is not to take that step at all"

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2010

      Getting your words out:

      This is to invite you to consider posting your incisive comments on matters which concern us here also to the new World Streets platform at www.WorldStreets.org, which offers some nice advantages.

      The routine is that your comments need to be associated with a given article, and of course once posted they then become part of the article. (We do need to admit that the comments are moderated and selected for relevance in the context of the issues under discussion.)

      Beyond this and in addition, if you scroll down a bit in the right hand column you will see that the latest batch of comments are also brought to the reader's attention there. And if you have signed in they will see your pic and whatever contact information or references you may care to provide there. This of course helps to the extent to which the various postings are part of a broader knowledge-building exercise (one of the most important objectives of this whole effort).

      So I very much hope you will check it out and give it a try. It seems important that these good exchanges not just get tossed up into the ethers of cyberspace and then effectively disappear into the void forever.

      And here is an example: - Cities need mobility, not cars

      This discussion was initiated this week under the Sustran Forum and we thought it would be a good idea if we could use the wide outreach of World Streets to draw more attention to the exchanges, which you will now see are unfolding under the heading of the introductory article, which you can see here - http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/2010/06/11/the-first-step-in-the-new-mobility-agenda-is-not-to-take-that-step-at-all/#more-2501

      The first two comments have been plugged in by the editor, in the hope of showing the way for others. And if this is topic which you have been giving thought to, check it out and perhaps share your comments with our readers.

      I very much hope we will be hearing from you.

      And don't forget: "The First Step in the New Mobility Agenda . . . is not to take that step at all"