No Accident: Traffic and Pedestrians in the Modern City

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14 10:18 AM

      No Accident: Traffic and Pedestrians in the Modern City

      As most of our regular readers are well aware World Streets is no friend of speed in cities. To the contrary, it is our firm position that a considerable number of the basic objectives associated with sustainable mobility and sustainable cities can be achieved if we do no more than to reduce top speeds in and around our cities in a strategic and carefully thought-out way. The great technological virtuosity of traffic engineers and technical planners permit us to do this while at the same time retaining a well working transportation system, a healthier city, and a viable local economy. Listen to what John Rennie Short and Luis Mauricio Pinet-Peralta have to tell us on the subject.

      Article freely available in World Streets today at www.WorldStreets.org

      Discussion in New Mobility Forum.  Post to NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com

      Eric Britton | World Streets | The New Mobility Agenda  | Paris  | +331 7550 3788| Skype newmobility