New tools and links for effective networking

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2010

      Dear Sustainable Friends and Colleagues,

      We live in a time of not only ever greater problems and challenges but also one of fast evolving toolsets.  And in this context it has been a constant preoccupation at this end to see what we can do to make best use of the available tools for effective networking in each of the for a and discussion areas that make up the New Mobility Agenda, this forum included. We are obliged to work with the available free tools, but up until now I think we can say we have done a fair job in all this.

      Here are three small recent steps to which I would like to draw your attention and invite your comments and suggestions.

      1.      Direct World Streets link: First, we have just created on World Streets (www.WorldStreets.org), placed  in the upper left-hand column, a one click link which will take the interested reader right into the home page for this forum.

      2.      Latest from this Forum: Second, under the rubric "Latest from the World's Streets" (a bit further down on the left hand column) our readers will see the title of the latest posting to our main working groups (unfortunately however for various technical reasons we do not have a link to the latest postings of the World Carshare Consortium. Oof.)

      3.      World Streets on Facebook:  To some of you this may seem like a bit of a stretch, but after all it is 2010 and after all (again) we are losing and losing big the war of sustainable transport, sustainable cities and sustainable lives. We have some important messages to get out, and here is where we really have to make use of every tool out there which might be put to work for our good cause. Hence in this case -- and why not? -- Facebook. So just yesterday we set up our best first cut of a Facebook page for World Streets, which you can now see, join, comment and use at www.facebook.WorldStreets.org (Now let me be the first to indicate that I do not at all have a clear picture of how  this  Facebook page is going to work out. But I would be a poor friend of sustainable development and social justice if I did not at least give it my best shot.)

      Anything we can work with here? Improve? Your views?

      Team work!

      Eric Britton

      Eric Britton | WorldStreets.org | NewMobility.org  | Paris  | +331 7550 3788 | Skype: newmobility