Most interesting email I have received in 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2010

      Dear Friends,

      If you are interested in how a city in a developing country was transformed through leadership, vision, and much work, this video done by a professional movie producer from Denmark is a good investment of 60 minutes of your time.

      By the way, it is about the Administration of Enrique Peñalosa (my brother) and Antanas Mockus (my boss when I was Commissioner of Parks, Sports and Recreation) in Bogotá; is quite interesting that both are now united with another Mayor of Bogota, Lucho Garzon, and Sergio Fajardo, former mayor of Medellin and recently created Green Party (Partido Verde) and they have come from 5% just 6 months ago to lead the Presidential polls for the election taking place in two weeks.

      Quite an interesting process, which included a primary between Mockus, Penalosa and Garzon, where all three travelled to every corner of the country on a bus, always together, shared financing, never spoke a negative word of the others, and following the selection of Mockus  as Presidential Candidate all three, in addition to Fajardo are fully engaged and committed in the campaign as a TEAM.

      Enjoy,

      Gil

       http://www.megavideo.com/?v=0MKNIESG