The End of Climate? Hello Professor Krugman.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2010

      Engaging the battle to mitigate climate change is one of the fundamental driving principles behind World Streets, since we have taken it as our main metric for remedial action in the transport sector, which as you all know accounts for something like 20% +/-5% of all GHG emissions. By "metric" we mean that the climate emergency calls for sharp near-term reductions in emissions, and it just so happens that the transport sector is extremely well placed to do its part. But in light of recent attacks on the part of climate deniers, what is the score? Should we now give up on our climate metric? Let us hear what Paul Krugman, winner of the 2008 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science, has to say about it.

      Full piece freely available in World Streets today at www.WorldStreets.org

      Eric Britton | World Streets | The New Mobility Agenda  | Paris  | +331 7550 3788| Skype newmobility