Cars, Climates and Subjectivity: Australian perspectives on sustainable transportation

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2010

      Cars, Climates and Subjectivity: Australian perspectives on sustainable transportation

      We are trying to get a better look at how sustainable transportation is coming along in Australia, as an example of one of the several handfuls of heavily motorized countries which have for decades concentrated on building (and in the process unknowingly locking themselves into) what is basically an all-car infrastructure. This is the second in what we intend to be a series of articles on this topic. Published with the permission of the author, a professor in the media department of a leading Australian university, it takes an outside-looking-in perspective of our topic. She considers a low carbon future shaped in part by “Hundreds of Cars, No Garage”.

      Cars, Climates and Subjectivity: Car Sharing and Resisting Hegemonic Automobile Culture?

      Full piece freely available in World Streets today at www.WorldStreets.org

      Eric Britton | World Streets | The New Mobility Agenda  | Paris  | +331 7550 3788| Skype newmobility