Americans want alternatives.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2010

      Fair enough. We all want choices. That is no more than human nature, But when it comes to transport policy and practice in the United Stats at the highest level, the idea of real choices is no less than a revolutionary statement. Right from the mouth of President Obama's Secretary of Transportation, Ray LaHood, who continues to surprise and delight. (But now, vigilant citizens, let's see where the $$$ go. There is no such thing as passive democracy.)

      US Transportation Secretary on Biking, Walking and ‘What Americans Want’

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> No broadband? No problem. Find it on the Open Edition at www.open.WorldStreets.org

      Read World Streets Today at http://www.worldstreets.org/ & www.open.worldstreets.org