The Take It Down Department. (A suggestion from one of ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010

      The Take It Down Department.

      (A suggestion from one of our alert readers.)

      Robert Moskowitz, who follows matters of transportation and public policy with interest from Los Angeles, and who periodically shares with World Streets information, clues and comments on matters of old and new mobility, poses the following for our consideration this morning:

      "I've noticed there's a whole infrastructure in our cities in charge of putting up stop signs, traffic lights, and the like, but no infrastructure in charge of taking them down when they've outlived their usefulness. If I were a traffic scientist, I would have studied and published on these topics. But I had no standing and no time to have more than opinions."

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> No broadband? No problem. Find it on the Open Edition at www.open.WorldStreets.org

      Read World Streets Today at http://www.worldstreets.org/ & www.open.worldstreets.org