[World Streets] Letter from Kathmandu: Promoting walking as sustainable...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2010

      Letter from Kathmandu: Promoting walking as sustainable transportation

      Does anyone notice anything a bit strange in these two photos of traffic in Kathmandu Nepal on any typical day. To the left we have boiling Asia-style traffic propelling speeding high carbon males. While to the right we see a woman and a girl making their way as best they can by foot. Hmm.

      Status of Pedestrian Infrastructures in Kathmandu City

      - Charina Cabrido, Clean Air Initiatives for Asian Cities. Kathmandu, Nepal.

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> No broadband? No problem. Find it on the Open Edition at www.open.WorldStreets.org

      Read World Streets Today at http://www.worldstreets.org/ & www.open.worldstreets.org