[World Streets] Musing: Thoughts on Communicating Science

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2010

      Musing: Thoughts on Communicating Science

      Losing the battle for hearts and minds

      Food for thought as we try to turn our great ideas into reality (at which most of us are not so hot. Present company included I am afraid.) Here is a think piece musing on our communications skills by our long-time colleague Keith Sutter from Australia. He takes us into "minds", "hearts", "gut", and then, since it is the weekend and we can deal with it, "reproductive organs". His source argues that that these are the four “layers” of communication, rather like a pyramid, with the layers getting broader as they move towards the base. Oops.

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> No broadband? No problem. Find it on the Open Edition at www.open.WorldStreets.org

      Read World Streets Today at http://www.worldstreets.org/ & www.open.worldstreets.org