Honk? Green power for electric cars | Let's think about it this time

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2010

      Honk? Green power for electric cars

      Let's think about it this time

        Here we go again. Green power? A nice little electric car is a great way to get around in a city. I should know since I drove one in Paris for the better part of a decade (eyes right). Whether or not it is a good idea to multiply the kinds of cars that the main players have in mind (definitely not the one you see here) by say one billion or even some notable fraction of that is another matter. Have a look at this good attempt from Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth Europe and Transport and Environment to make some sense out of this one, where often enthusiasm and self interest way outpace solid information. And then let's talk about it.

      Green power for electric cars
      Harvesting the climate potential of electric vehicles

      - A study by CE Delft
      - Commissioned by Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth Europe and Transport and Environment

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/