(World Streets and the many languages of our small planet)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 6:20 AM

      Lesa þessa grein í íslenskum

      (World Streets and the many languages of our small planet)

      Some of us who have been working internationally on the tough challenges of sustainable transportation and sustainable cities have for some years made best possible use of machine translation tools as available on the web. For years this has required a heroic combination of great interest, enormous patience and considerable linguistic ingenuity to figure out what the contents of the original x-language piece might actually be saying. But when one is curious and deeply interested, one perseveres and with some luck is able to figure out something if not all of what the whole thing is supposed to be all about.

      (For example, you doubtless recognized that the Icelandic language title to this article reads easily in English as "Read this article in Icelandic". Of course you did.)

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/