Reinventing the Wheel: Why Cycling Saves Lives ( Insurer site on green issues)

  • Morten Lange
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2010
      Hi,

      I thought some of you might be interested in this article :

      Reinventing the Wheel: Why Cycling Saves Lives

      The freezing, windswept roads of Iceland don’t sound like the best place for avid cyclists. Morten Lange, head of the Icelandic Cyclists' Federation, disagrees, arguing that cycling could save your life.

      http://knowledge.allianz.com/en/globalissues/energy_co2/transportation/cycling_bike_iceland_danger_accidents.html

      The background :

      The editor of this greenish website of the german insurance comapany Allianz, noticed some comments from me criticising the safety messages on the site, as well as (via twitter) pointing out bicycling as a viable alternative when his article pointed out the many pitfalls of biological fuel replacelments.

      He then contacted me via twitter and conducted the interview above by email. I am telling you this as an example of advocacy taking strange paths ... and of course some of the ideas and knowledge I feel need more exposure, transpire in the interview.

      --
      Regards / Kvedja
      Morten Lange, Reykjavík