Putting World Streets to work in other languages.

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2010

      Putting World Streets to work in other languages.

      Nuova Mobilità: The Voice of Sustainable  Transport in Italy

      From the outset in late 2008, we were aware that the reach of World Streets into the field was going to be constrained by the problem of language. For if in countries in which English is not a main working language there are always a certain number of people who are comfortable dealing with text in English, this is not the case for the greater number of those who work at the local level with the issues. So we knew we were going to need another approach to reach these people. Our first test case to show how it is possible to work competently in another language was Italy, leading to a global/local partnership and the creation of a new journal covering sustainable transport in Italian, "Nuova Mobilità".

      --> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets at http://WorldStreets.org/

      --> Discussions on New Mobility Forum at www.newmobility.org  (Post to NewMobilityCafe@yahoogroups.com)